I'm Directing My Health: Embracing Personal Health Informatics in the New Era of Wellness
In the days before big data, the term “wellness” was a buzzword; often met with healthy skepticism. The gauge of measurement seemed too arbitrary, too subjective to measure. Nowadays, with wearable devices and smartphone apps that track your every move (and all those calories you burned while making them), we are taking control of our own health and fitness. Even employers are getting into the game; providing significant employee wellness incentives that are achieving real results – both in health and in savings.
This event will focus on some key questions:
• How has this wellness trend and its global support changed the face of healthcare costs and delivery?
• How has accessibility to personal health data affected the mindset of the individual consumer?
• How have insurance providers embraced “wellness” as a means to reduce healthcare premiums?
Panel Members Include:
• Ken Fang, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Vice President, Translational Research & Clinical Development; Integrated Diagnostics (Moderator)
• Sean Bell, MBA, Business Director, 100K Project; Institute for Systems Biology
• Kristy Clark, MPH, Wellness Account Executive; Parker, Smith and Feek
• Steve Intille, PhD, Associate Professor; Northeastern University
What You’ll Learn:
• How novel mathematical models are working with your computer and handheld devices to synthesize and respond to your lifestyle data
• How systems medicine, big data analysis and patient-activated social networks can combine to achieve real-world health results
• How P4 medicine is moving from concept to application through the 100K Wellness Project
• How one 29,000-employee company worked with their insurance provider to develop an employee wellness program that helped all employees improve their health and lower their premiums
Who Should Attend:
• Scientists, Physicians, Healthcare Professionals, Business Development Professionals, Data Analysts
Sponsorships for this event are still available!
Contact Dennis Kroft (firstname.lastname@example.org) to Learn More About Opportunities to Showcase Your Organization and Get Involved with WBBA
Registration & Networking 3:30 - 4:00 PM
Program: 4:00 - 5:15 PM
Parking is very limited near t he NEU campus. Carpooling or using transit strongly encouraged. For further information visit their website: http://www.northeastern.edu/seattle/contact-us/visit-us/
Thank You to Our
Pinnacle Sponsor: Northeastern University Seattle
Thank You to Our
Innovation Sponsor: We Work for Health