The Washington Biotechnology & Biomedical Association (WBBA) is an independent, non-profit 501(c)(6) trade association serving the life sciences industry in the state of Washington. Our members include organizations engaged in, or supportive of, research, development and commercialization of life science technologies.
Our Mission: To support and help to grow Washington State's life science ecosystem.
We accomplish this mission through advocacy, enterprise support and the enhancement of research collaboration. The employees, services and the efforts of the WBBA are fully funded through your memberships (87% of which are tax deductible), sponsorships, and event registration fees. WBBA provides these services through representatives in Seattle, Olympia, Eastern Washington, and through coalition partners in Washington, DC.
By partnering with member organizations, we will provide better health solutions in multiple ways.
- Innovation – working closely and supporting our research institutions, inventors and entrepreneurs to broaden the impact of breakthrough discoveries
- Capital – facilitating access to capital, especially early stage funding through numerous commercialization programs and by mentoring life science start-up companies
- Talent – helping to recruit, train and retain the talent needed to grow life sciences in Washington
- Environment – ensuring that Washington is a great place to start, grow and retain the organizations needed to remain competitive and prosperous
- Advocacy– working on behalf of our members so that each has a strong local, regional, and national political voice
Download Who We Are fact sheet.