The Life Science Innovator
A WBBA Publication
Interested in volunteering at WBBA's Governor's Life Sciences Summit and Annual Meeting? Contact Cole Basque for more information.
The work of the WBBA is dramatically extended by a network of business and scientific experts who are working to build a leading life sciences community globally. Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in volunteering on one of our important committees:
- Membership Committee
- Business Development Committee
- Commercialization Committee
- Communications Committee
- Government Affairs Council
- Life Science Innovation Northwest Steering Committee
Return to top
Did you know...
you can update your subscriptions for email communications from WBBA?
1. Go to www.washbio.org and select Member Center, Edit Profile from the top navigation panel
2. Sign in using your email address as the user name and WBBA (case sensitive) as a default password
3. Look for the View/Edit Profile link under your name on the page that opens
4. Scroll down and find the subscriptions field
5. Select one or more
While you're there, you can update your profile fields too!
Events in Review
The latest in life sciences
WBBA invest in events, to help you do business better
The WBBA’s mission is to translate Innovation to Realization… from breakthrough discoveries to better health solutions. As part of our mission, the WBBA has invested in the production of eight timely, high-quality and educational or networking events since our last newsletter.
Highlights include two programs recently held in Spokane:
- WBBA's 3rd Annual Leadership Summit: Policy makers, leading life science industry executives, WBBA’s Board of Directors, research institutions and tech transfer offices, global health executives from Washington’s Global Health Alliance, economic development experts, and members of the Life Sciences Discovery Fund met on Wednesday, June 30 at WSU’s Riverpoint Campus in Spokane as WBBA and co-hosts Inland Northwest Health Services (INHS) and WSU Spokane presented the third annual Life Sciences Leadershp Summit to discuss strategies that will fuel continued growth and competitiveness of life sciences in Washington state. Keynote speaker, Dr. Elson Floyd, President, Washington State University discussed the value of Washington State University and Washington state's commitment to innovation. Learn more by reading the event summary which includes a photo gallery of the event.
- Secrets of NIH Small Business Grant Applications: On August 4, WBBA was pleased to host Gregory Milman, Ph.D., Director of the Office for Innovation and Special Programs in the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) as he led a workshop at SIRTI, in Spokane.
Dr. Milman discussed, among other topics, real NIH funding limits, success rates for NIH applications, how to write for NIH review criteria, and how academic investigators can tap into NIH funds. In Seattle, he led a panel of local NIH grant recipients in a discussion that highlighted the panelists’ strategies for producing winning proposals.
Review Dr. Milman’s presentation slides
Learn more about ALL OF WBBA's past events in the online Events Archive.
To continue to develop and present these timely and educational events, we need your continued support of sponsorship!
Details are available online or contact WBBA's Director, Marketing and Membership, Stacie Byars.
Do you have a conference room or meeting facility and would like to host a WBBA event?
Please contact WBBA's Event Manager, Darcy Jacobson.
Return to newsletter main page
Events in Review
Recent WBBA Events
Sep 14: Planning for Your Drug Development Success: From the Bench to the Clinic
Sep 13: WBBA's Sixth Annual Golf Invitational
Aug. 25: Healthcare IT
Aug. 3 & 4: Secrets of NIH Small Business Grant Applications-Seattle and Spokane
July 15: Summer Social
June 30: 3rd Annual Life Sciences Leadership Summit
June 3: Pub Night- Bellevue
View upcoming events