Washington Innovation Network (WIN) for Life Sciences Entrepreneur Mentoring Program
The long term goal of WIN for Life Sciences is to develop more and stronger life science companies in Washington in order to build a more robust life science ecosystem. This thriving ecosystem will be characterized by an increased number of successful companies, expanded employment opportunities, as well as a deeper and broader talent pool to lead and contribute to the ecosystem.
WIN for Life Sciences Entrepreneur Mentoring Program will deliver on-going support for the life science community in Washington by matching selected entrepreneurs with a team of established and seasoned volunteer mentors. This team-based approach will provide a safe environment where entrepreneurs receive unbiased professional advice from mentors with diverse sets of expertise. The mechanics of the WIN for Life Sciences program will be built upon lessons learned from two successful programs: MIT Venture Mentoring Service and Chicago Innovation Mentors.
Overview of Program Mechanics
Both mentors and mentees will be screened prior to acceptance into the program
The WIN for Life Sciences Entrepreneur Mentoring Program is designed to efficiently leverage the infrastructure, reach and mission of the WBBA to:
1) Identify and develop more skilled talent in Washington
2) Recruit, train and connect a network of mentors
3) Match teams to increase the probability of success of new ventures
Our mentors are seasoned entrepreneurs with vast experience in various aspects of life science related businesses. These mentors will provide unbiased guidance and coaching to aspiring entrepreneurs. The objectives of our mentors are to:
- Develop and enhance the skills of the entrepreneur
- Guide the venture
- Add credibility, connections and visibility to the venture
Venture mentees are life science entrepreneurs who are committed to the development of their new venture and are seeking the advice, guidance and support of experienced entrepreneurs. Each accepted venture will be matched with 3-5 mentors.
· Interact with early stage companies in a way that allows for meaningful impact
· Formal access to feedback from a range of perspectives who are all supportive of the venture’s success
· Give back through a program that values contribution
· Targeted guidance from the program that drives progress towards success
· Network with other mentors
· Provides a “safe” environment in which to discuss and tackle real issues
· Receive formal mentor training
· Make invaluable connections to the mentor safe circle, to their connections and to the broader life science community via WBBA
Want to learn more?
Please contact our Program Manager, Courtney Law, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in becoming a mentee or mentor?
Prospective mentees and mentors will initially be screened via the WBBA’s Commercialization Consulting Team. If your venture is interested in applying to the mentoring program, please e-mail email@example.com to schedule a Commercialization Consultation. To learn more about being a volunteer mentor, email Courtney Law at firstname.lastname@example.org
Funding for this program is provided by: