To support and help to grow Washington state's life science ecosystem.
We accomplish this mission through advocacy, enterprise support and the enhancement of research collaboration. The employees, services and the efforts of the WBBA are fully funded through your memberships (87% of which are tax deductible), sponsorships, and event registration fees. WBBA provides these services through representatives in Seattle, Olympia, Eastern Washington, and through coalition partners in Washington, DC.
By partnering with member organizations, we provide better health solutions in multiple ways:
- Innovation – WBBA works closely with and supports our research institutions, inventors and entrepreneurs to broaden the impact of breakthrough discoveries
- Capital – WBBA facilitates access to capital, especially early stage funding, through numerous commercialization programs and through the mentoring of life science start-up companies
- Talent – WBBA helps to recruit, develop and retain the talent needed to grow the life sciences in Washington
- Advocacy– WBBA champions competitive public policies that ensure that Washington state is a great place to start, grow and retain the life science organizations it needs to prosper
- Purchasing Solutions: WBBA partners with industry leaders to offer top-quality products and enhanced services essential to the business operations of members’ organizations
For Washington state to become the global leader in life science innovation and healthcare delivery.
For additional information about "Who We Are," click HERE for a detailed PDF